How ACEP is Funded
ACEP operates as a lean, agile research program.
ACEP relies heavily on competitively awarded, externally funded research projects to meet its mission.
• Over the past 5 years, an average of 82% of our funding has come from sources outside the Universtiy of Alaska budget.
• External funding includes federal, state, tribal and private funders sources.
• 32 current projects spanning a wide range of technologies.
Funding Facts About ACEP
- *The $17.2M in ACEP externally funded projects does not include the following $8.3M that was expensed on collaborative research.
- $5.6M in funds from the Denali Commission were sub-awarded to other organizations.
- $2M was expended on grants/contracts led by ACEP affiliated researchers within other research units.
- $750k in capital improvement projects (CIP) was expended to support specific research initiatives.