Monday, May 12, 2014
- ACEP Researcher Spotlight: Antony Scott, Senior Economist and Energy Analyst
Dr. Antony Scott conducts research in energy analysis and policy at the Alaska Center for Energy and Power. Dr. Scott is particularly focused on economic and policy options for promoting sustainable energy solutions for Alaska, and the most efficient and effective use of government resources in this endeavor. Prior to joining the University of Alaska Dr. Scott managed the Commercial Section of the Division of Oil and Gas within the State Department of Natural Resources, and was charged with maximizing economic value associated with the State’s $2 billion in annual oil and gas royalty income. He directed research, designed innovative policy tools, engaged in industry negotiations, and provided technical advice to Administrative and Legislative policy makers. Dr. Scott first came to Alaska in 2000 to serve as chief economist at the Regulatory Commission of Alaska, which economically regulates public utilities and pipelines.
• PhD in Natural Resource Economics at the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 2003
• MS in Agricultural and Applied Economics at the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1996
• MS in Energy Analysis and Policy at the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1996
• AB in Philosophy with Distinction at the University of California, Berkeley in 1987
• AB in Math with Distinction at the University of California, Berkeley in 1987
Photo: Courtesy of ACEP.