- Monday, June 22, 2015
Tanana River Test Site Update
May 21 to 29, 2015
Site preparation and Murdock Trust barge assembly took place at the TRTS.
- River stage gauges were installed at the Tanana River Test Site on May 21st to record the change in the river level throughout the season.
- The Murdock Trust barge pontoons and decking were delivered to test site by A1 Recovery.
- Assembly of the barge took place and the research platform was launched into the Tanana River.
June 9 to 11, 2015
AHERC's new research and support boat was brought to the TRTS and further preparations were made for the testing season.
- New research and support boat was brought to the TRTS.
- Barge hydraulic unit and Video Debris Observation System (VDOS) were also brought to the TRTS.
- The anchor chain was retrieved from the river.
- The anchor chain buoy was launched allowing the Murdock Trust barge the ability to attach itself to it.
View the printed version of the update here.
Photo: Intern Stephanie Jump prepares the anchor buoy for launch in the Tanana River. Photo credit N. Konefal, ACEP/UAF.