- Monday, May 07, 2018
Registration for Alaska National Lab Day Events is Now Open
The Alaska national Lab Day event, hosted at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, will draw representatives from the U.S. Department of Energy’s national labs, as well as scientists, industry leaders and elected officials, including Sen. Lisa Murkowski, chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
Events on Tuesday, May 29, will include afternoon tours of UAF’s research facilities, information tables from several national labs and evening talks focused on energy in Alaska. Plenary sessions throughout the day on May 30 will highlight research activities in Alaska and in the national labs, Alaska industry’s energy requirements and collaboration between universities and national labs. The agenda on Thursday, May 31, includes six panel discussions:
• Developing locally and globally relevant energy solutions
• Fossil energy’s Arctic challenges
• Natural hazards and defense/aerospace
• Energy and defense systems in the North
• Enabling and empowering the energy of Alaska’s entrepreneurs
• Navigating the changing Arctic
Register and find more about Alaska National Lab Day here.
ACEP's Power Systems Integration Lab will be one of the UAF facilities to tour during Alaska National Lab Day events. Photo by Todd Paris/UAF.