- Monday, June 10, 2019
Arctic Community Energy Webinar Series – Coming Soon to a Screen Near You
Interested in learning more about community energy projects?
ACEP is hosting a free webinar series this summer where Alaska stakeholders will share how various renewable energy projects have helped communities improve their energy and food security. Learn more about advocating for supportive energy policy, collaboration to catalyze renewable energy projects, as well as the more technical aspects of energy integration.
The Webinar Series Includes:
• June 27, 9 am - Karen Petersen (Southeast Conference) - Biomass-heated Greenhouses
• July 11, 9 am - Matt Bergan (Kotzebue Electric Association) - Wind Energy in the Arctic
• July 25, 9 am - Meera Kohler (Alaska Village Electric Cooperative) – Multi-community Energy Perspectives
• August 22, 9 am - Chris Rose (Renewable Energy Alaska Project) – Policy and Energy
• September 26, 9 am - Gwen Holdmann (Alaska Center for Energy and Power) – Geothermal Energy for Power and Heat
Each webinar will include a 25-30 minute presentation, followed by time for questions and discussion. The presentations will be recorded and posted for access via the ACEP website.
For more information on the Webinar Series contact Amanda Byrd.
Lettuce grow in a hydroponic greenhouse heated by a woodfired boiler in Coffman Cove, Alaska. Photo by Amanda Byrd.