- Monday, September 21, 2015
Senator Lisa Murkowski to Participate in the at UAF Showcase on Sept 27th
Discover the Energy of the Arctic and its People (a UAF Showcase in TED-talk Style)
Sunday, September 27th, 5pm to 8pm
Blue Loon (2999 Parks Highway)
Join us at the Blue Loon for presentations featuring U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski and various UAF researchers. The Senator will speak about issues facing the arctic and UAF's research.
The Showcase is emceed by UA President Jim Johnsen and will include the following researchers:
● Daisy Huang, ACEP
● Erin Whitney, ACEP
● Dan White, Chancellor's Office (Research)
● Evon Peter, College of Rural and Community Development
● David Newman, Physics Department
● Richard Wies, College of Engineering and Mines
● Peter Webley, Geophysical Institute
● Jeremy Kasper, ACEP
● Teisha Simmons, Interior-Aleutians Campus
● Tom Marsik, Bristol Bay Environmental Science Laboratory
This event is coordinated with the 2015 Arctic Energy Summit which is also being held in Fairbanks, Sept 28-30.
Transportation will also be provided from select hotels around town. Contact Marcia Cassino at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.