- Monday, February 22, 2021
ACEP Researchers Add to Lifelong Education Series
The Opportunities for Lifelong Education program, or OLÉ, gives Anchorage adults a place to continue learning together. OLÉ! is affiliated with the University of Alaska Anchorage, and courses are open to any adult but are specifically designed for people over the age of 50.
Last week, Chris Pike and Ben Loeffler presented to OLÉ about ACEP's work with geothermal and hydrokinetics energy systems. The presentations were part of a renewable energy unit being organized this semester by Renewable Energy Alaska Project.
Upcoming events led by ACEP researchers include:
- Feb 23: “Alaska Microgrids” — Daisy Huang, ACEP
- Mar 2: “Wind Energy: Wind-Diesel Hybrid Systems” — Chris Jimenez, Cook Inlet Region, Inc Rob Bensin, ACEP
- March 23: “Solar and Biomass” — Michelle Wilber, ACEP; Taylor Asher, Alaska Energy Authority
- March 30: “Net-Zero Energy Homes: Beneficial Electrification” — Mark Masteller, Alaska Center for Appropriate Technology and UAF; Clay Koplin, Cordova Electric