- Monday, November 08, 2021
Graduate Scholarships, Fellowships, Jobs and Career Fairs
- Coastal Energy Systems Lead – Marine Energy and Coastal Ecosystems Researcher at NREL’s Flatirons Campus in Boulder, Colorado. Position will focus on engaging with communities on the development of tools and approaches to better understand how small (e.g., <1 kilowatt) and community-scale (e.g., <5 megawatt) marine energy technologies can be responsibly and cost effectively incorporated into communities and their associated ecosystems and economies. See attached for more information and a link to apply.
- The Laura Bassi Scholarship, which awards a total of $8,000 thrice per annum, was established by Editing Press in 2018 with the aim of providing editorial assistance to postgraduates and junior academics whose research focuses on neglected topics of study, broadly construed. The scholarships are open to every discipline, and the next round of funding will be awarded in winter 2021. Application deadline is Dec. 15, 2021.
- The American Association of University Women offers multiple levels of support to female researchers, including $6,000-$30,000 fellowships for dissertations, postdoctoral or publishing work; $2,000-$12,000 grants for women preparing to advance or change careers or to enter the workforce; $18,000-$30,000 fellowships for non-U.S. citizens/permanent residents studying in the U.S.; $10,000-$35,000 awards to publish research; and $5,000-$18,000 awards for research in a field in which women are underrepresented. Deadlines: Nov. 1, Nov. 15 or Dec. 1, depending on award.
- NSF Division of Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships go to recent recipients of doctoral degrees to conduct an integrated program of independent research and professional development. Fellowship proposals must address scientific questions within the scope of Earth sciences disciplinary programs and must align with the overall theme of the postdoctoral program. Deadline: Nov. 3.
- The Department of Defense’s Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship-for-Service Program offers tuition, expenses, a stipend, mentorship and job placement for bachelor's, master's and Ph.D. students to gain technical skills in critical STEM fields and support national security. Deadline: Dec. 1.
- Ford Fellowships are awarded in a national competition administered by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine on behalf of the Ford Foundation. Fellowships include three-year, $81,000 predoctoral fellowships; one-year, $28,000 dissertation fellowships; and one-year, $50,000 postdoctoral fellowships. Deadlines: Dec. 9 and 16, and Jan. 6, respectively.
- The Cards Against Humanity Science Ambassador Scholarship (yep, you read that right) is a full-tuition scholarship for an undergraduate woman in a STEM field. This requires a three-minute video submission. Deadline: Dec. 14.