- Monday, March 07, 2022
Decarbonizing Fuels — 2022 April Virtual Workshop
Hydrogen in the "Hygh" North: Decarbonizing Fuels, April 5-6, is the third workshop in a series sponsored by the Alaska Center for Energy and Power. The series serves as a primer to the Alaska Sustainable Energy Conference to be held May 24-26, 2022, at the Dena'ina Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
Domestically and internationally, interest and investment are growing rapidly in the use of hydrogen and hydrogen carriers (like ammonia) for energy storage, power generation and transportation.
This workshop will discuss and try to answer some of the questions surrounding the emerging hydrogen energy industry:
- What exactly is happening with hydrogen elsewhere in the nation and the world?
- What are the economic, policy and technology drivers (and constraints) for its implementation in Alaska?
- Are there regional or scale considerations related to its adoption?
- Could Alaska someday export hydrogen as an energy commodity?
Mark your calendars for these upcoming 2022 workshops:
- Hydrogen in the "Hygh" North: Decarbonizing Fuels — April 5-6 — register now
- Electrify EVERYTHING!? — May 3-4 — register now
Did you miss any of the previous workshops? You can now watch the recordings!
- Nuclear Energy in Alaska — the issues, the opportunities (day 1, day 2)
- Going with the Flow — ocean and river energy (coming soon!)
For more information on the conference or workshop series, visit https://alaskasustainableenergy.com.