Meet The Team
ACEP Intern Partnership Solicitation
The Alaska Center for Energy and Power (ACEP) is looking for industry partners to help in the training of tomorrow's energy workforce. This is a solicitation for industry to become an Internship Sponsor for the Summer 2020 ACEP Internship program.
Sign up to be a partner that shapes the next generation energy workforce by hosting an intern embedded within your organization. ACEP will be offering paid internships where the intern is embedding within the sponsor for 3 months in Summer 2020: Mid May through Mid August.
This is an opportunity for industry to help shape next generation qualified workforce, improve and shape ACEP research/collaboration efforts through improved understanding of current industry needs; and to prepare students for interesting careers that require advanced skills, greater knowledge, and more flexibility.
The ACEP Internship program is designed to:
- Connect students, both within University of Alaska and from outside Alaska, to high-tech interesting positions in the Alaska energy sector through a three month internship, paid by ACEP, embedded with a sponsor in the energy sector.
- Connect ACEP researchers to industry partners to better understand and align their research and educational efforts towards industry needs.
- Connect industry partners to a potential pool of qualified candidates for their workforce.
Internship Sponsor responsibilities:
- Work with ACEP through this fall & winter to develop a 3 month summer internship opportunity that is appropriate for selected students.
- Provide housing and mentorship to the selected intern during summer internship.
- Participate as an invited speaker to one or more of our monthly seminars during the Fall and Spring semesters that are part of our.
- Identify areas of alignment with ACEP research efforts.